College students nationwide are being told to evacuate the school campus due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. President John Taylor of U-Haul announced that they are offering to help college students in the U.S. and Canada.
What is U-Haul offering to college students?
Uhaul is offering a free month of self-storage. To qualify for this limited time offer:
- You must be a new customer with a college ID.
- A unit must be available for the student to rent.
- It is offered only at U-Haul-owned and -operated facilities
How does a student take advantage of this offer?
- Visit a U-Haul owned storage facility at: uhaul.com/storage or call 1-800-GO-UHAUL
- Rent a truck or trailer. Must be 18 with a valid driver’s license to operate U-Haul’s vans and trucks.
- U-Haul accepts third-party pay, which allows family members to help pay for a student’s costs.
Taylor stated, “More and more universities are giving instructions to leave campus and go home. Students and their parents are in need of moving and storage solutions. We have the expertise and network to help, and that’s exactly what we’re going to do.” U-Haul typically offers one month of free self-storage for communities impacted by a natural disaster.
U-Haul storage and shipping program for college students
U-Haul also offers a service called Collegeboxes to provide storage and shipping services to college students.
What is Collegeboxes?
Collegeboxes assists college students with the moving process by providing boxes and supplies, pickups and deliveries, and ships a student’s belongings domestically and internationally.
How does a student get started?
- Contact Collegeboxes at (866) 269-4887, by email email@example.com, or Collegeboxes.com to find out when they will be on campus to pick up items for shipping and storage.
- Create an account at Collegeboxes.com to get started.
- Boxes and packing supplies will be delivered to a student’s residence.
- Once a student packs up their belongings, an at-home service will pick up the boxes and luggage at no additional cost.
- Belongings can be shipped domestically and internationally.
- Students could have their belongings held in storage at a nearby U-Haul facility.
For example, you could have your belonging shipped from home to school, at the start and finish of college. You could also have them pick up your belongings from school, store it during the summer break, and delivered upon your return to school. And you could also have your belongings shipped internationally for a study abroad.